RISE Ltd is a start-up with the ambition to become a world-class centre of research, development and innovation focusing on interactive media: based in Nicosia but relevant to the world.
While being a centre of research excellence, RISE will act as an integrator of academic research, industrial innovation and entrepreneurial endeavour delivering applications “in the wild” for prototype and commercial deployments. Commercially inspired needs (from multi-national organisations, Cypriot partners and entrepreneurs) will be matched with its internal and other Cypriot R&D capabilities to deliver a unique innovation capacity.
RISE will be based in the heart of Nicosia with labs and facilities equipped with key emerging technologies offering a platform for innovation and technology support in the middle of an emerging inclusive innovation and creativity ecosystem. With Nicosia at the crossroads between Europe Asia and Africa, RISE will encourage the application of new technologies and business models to a range of application areas where Cyprus can act as a remarkable test bed and 1st user preparing applications and services for global roll outs.
An autonomous company, RISE has been founded by the three public universities of Cyprus and the Municipality of Nicosia with two international partners, the Max Planck Institute for Informatics (Germany) and University College London (UK). These partners have created the launch platform for RISE with their major commitments of ongoing support and by having secured a Horizon 2020 grant which, with associated matched funding, represents €50 Million.
• Support the Chief Executive to:
― Supervise and monitor RISE’s financial performance and provide regular updates to the Board
― Deliver the Executive’s annual budgeting process gaining approval from the Board
― Perform such other duties as may be assigned or delegated by the CEO and the Board
• Supervise the smooth operation of the infrastructure of the new and growing RISE Centre
• Manage the financial function including statutory reporting, management information and audit
• Manage the HR function including the recruitment of all administrative staff
• Design and collect KPIs to demonstrate the performance of RISE against different strategic goals
• Oversee the creation of company reports to the various funders of RISE’s operational grants
• Monitor the costs of RISE’s various activities to demonstrate compliance with State Aid regulations
Profile of the ideal candidate
• Degree / professional qualification in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field
• At least 7 years of experience in a senior managerial role
• Track record in delivering the internal operations and management reporting of a business unit
• Exposure to EU funding and reporting will be considered an advantage
• Experience of both commercial and university / public sectors will be considered an advantage
• Ability to operate in a small but rapidly growing organisation
• Strong leadership and managerial skills
• Ability to set a clear vision and translate it into operational deliverables
• Ability to communicate with a diverse group of people and build long-lasting relationships
• Dynamic with an ability to take initiatives
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literate
• Fluency in English
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Apply now in strict confidence
Deadline: 29 April 2018
Call: H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017 (Teaming Phase 2)
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 739578
This project has received funding from the Government of the Republic of Cyprus through the Directorate General for the European Programmes, Coordination and Development.